There is a closed link between snoring and heart disease. Snoring can be one of the main reasons of ischemic heart disease and hypertension. So snoring can be very fatal for an individual. Recently scientists found the link and said, snoring can lead to some serious health issues like hypertension, heart disease and diabetes.
We can see a lot of people in our community is suffering from night snoring. Many of them didn’t know that snoring can be harmful to their healthy life. They think it is natural to snore sometimes. Some individual thinks it is an indication of good sleep.
But the reality is totally opposite. Snoring can cause a different kind of disease in our body and some critical health issues. 40% of middle-aged men and 20% of middle-aged women suffer from snoring. Even babies can suffer from snoring. It is interesting that the people who are affected by this cannot realise that they are affected. But it can make the surrounding people annoyed. Sometimes it leads to divorce.
Top reasons of snoring
- If there are any obstacles in your Airways, in sleep the air stimulates the vocal cord. This creates the sound.
- If you are suffering from nasal polyp or sinusitis, it can lead to snoring.
- If you are obese, fat accumulates around your cheeks, these extra fats obstacles your airway and creates snores when you sleep.
- In case of children yeah maybe increasing of nasal muscle (uvula swollen) behind the nose.
- There is a close relation of age with snoring. With increasing age our vocal cord getting narrow. That’s why with increasing age snoring starts.
- Some people sleep in a straightforward manner. But the muscles of vocal cord remains loose. These obstacles the Airways and snoring starts.
- If you lose the elasticity of muscles of the neck.
- Alcohol is smoking causes increasing of snoring.
- If you are suffering from excess growth hormone or excess thyroid hormones like acromegaly or hyperthyroidism.
- If you are suffering from the congenital birth defect of vocal cord or congenital defect of the jaw.
Serius Health Risk of Snoring
- sympathetic nervous systems are over stimulated in snoring patients. This causes elevation of systolic blood pressure continuously and leads to permanent hypertension.
- A recent study shows Heart Attack prevalence rate is higher in snoring patients. Even heart failure is predominant in snoring patients. Sudden cardiac death can occur if he suffers long time from snoring.
- There is an irregularity of heartbeat in patients with snoring.
- Atrium of the heart can increase in snoring patients.
- There is increased risk of diabetes and Stroke in snoring patients.
How can you avoid snoring with natural tips
Question: Is snoring curable?
Sometimes it is, but it will be best if you try a natural way. The natural way to cure snoring acts as a sleep disorder treatment.
I am providing you with some natural way to prevent snoring at night.
- If you suffer from snoring don’t try to sleep in a supine position. You can sleep in a bending way. If you sleep in a supine position it relaxes the muscle of neck so there is increased chance of snoring.
- If you have some extra weight try to lose some. Losing weight can be helpful to reduce snoring.
- Avoid Alcohol or any addictive substance.
- You can add some extra pillows, sometimes it can help to reduce snoring. If you use extra pillows it will help you to elevate your head some extra amount, it helps to reduce snoring.
- If you smoke, smoking reduces the capacity of a body to use oxygen. It reduces the path of the expiration of air. This increases the chance of snoring. So it will be best if you avoid smoking.
- Every day you need to rise up and sleep in a regular pattern. It makes a good harmony and balance between your body and sleep. It also makes the balance of the body.
- Try to exercise regularly. If you exercise it increases the blood flow and heart rate. It helps in sound sleep. For this reason, everyday 30-minute regular exercise is a must for snoring patients.
- You must drink a lot of water. It cleans the pore from the sticky substance of nose. Ultimately it will reduce the snoring.
If you want some more resources on snoring, you can visit:
Don’t ignore the snore: Snoring may be an early sign of future health risks
The Basics of Snoring
11 Health Risks of Snoring