Do you suffer from chronic pain? Are you looking for a natural way to ease the pain without relying on medication? If so, then you may want to consider using red LED lights.
Red LED lights have been used for pain treatment for many years. However, there is still some confusion about how and when to use them.
Many different products on the market promise to help relieve pain. One of the most popular options is red LED lights. Heliotherapy Institute provides information about the best phototherapy devices. You can learn how to use them and receive many helpful tips from our experts.
This article will discuss everything you need to know about red LED lights and their effects on the body. We will also provide tips on how to use them safely and effectively!
Table of Contents
- About light spectrum
- What is red light therapy and how does it work?
- Primary benefits of red light therapy
- Red LED light as a pain-killer
The light spectrum is made up of different colors, each with its wavelength and energy. The colors can be divided into two main categories: visible and invisible.
Visible light makes up the familiar rainbow of colors we see daily. It includes red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
Invisible light includes:
- Ultraviolet (UV) light has a shorter wavelength than visible light but more energy. UV light is invisible to the human eye but can cause sunburns or skin cancer if overexposed.
- Infrared (IR) light has a longer wavelength than visible light but less energy. IR light is used in night-vision goggles and thermal imaging cameras.
Red light is a type of visible light with a longer wavelength than other colors. It is often used in stoplights, brake lights, and taillights because it is the easiest color for human eyes to see.
Red LED lights are made up of tiny semiconductor chips that emit light when an electric current is applied. The wavelength of the red LED light falls within the range of infrared (IR) radiation, which makes it invisible to the human eye.
Red light therapy is a type of phototherapy that uses red-colored light-emitting diodes to radiate monochromatic light at 630–870 nanometers (nm).
The exact mechanism by which this happens is not fully understood. But the theory behind how red light therapy works is:
- When the photons from the LEDs interact with mitochondria in the cells, resulting in increased production of ATP (cellular energy).
- It, in turn, leads to stimulating cellular activity.
- Red light therapy also helps to increase circulation and reduce inflammation.
Red light therapy has many benefits, but more research is still needed to confirm all of its claims.
As you understand, red light has a complex approach to the body. That’s why we can expect significant benefits from this form of therapy. Below you can see some of them.
Red LED light therapy can treat many skin statements, including acne, eczema, and psoriasis. The light penetrates the skin and increases blood flow, which can help to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
- It can relieve itching associated with eczema and psoriasis.
- RLT kills acne-causing bacteria and prevents new acne backouts.
- It improves overall skin appearance.
One of the main things why red light therapy is so popular is how it deals with aging. It can boost collagen and elastin production, which are crucial in aging processes.
- Red LED light therapy can be effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It can improve skin elasticity and firmness.
- It can also help to reduce the aspect of sun damage, age spots, and acne scars.
Hair loss is a common problem for both men and women. There are many reasons for this condition, including hormonal disbalance, medical conditions, or medical influence.
But red light can deal with it too. There are some ways that red LED light therapy can help with hair growth.
- One way is by increasing blood circulation to the scalp, which brings more nutrients and oxygen to the hair follicles and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Another way is stimulating collagen production, leading to stronger and thicker hair.
If you’re interested in trying red LED light therapy for yourself, there are a few things you need to know.
- First, finding a quality device that emits pure, bright red light is essential.
- Make sure you use it consistently, for at least 15 minutes daily.
- And finally, be patient – it can take several weeks or even months to see results from this therapy.
It is a complex process that involves different mechanisms working together:
- The nervous system coordinates the body’s response to an injury, which releases chemicals that trigger inflammation. It increases blood flow to the area, bringing nutrients and oxygen essential for healing.
- At the same time, the body begins to repair damaged tissue by producing new cells. This process is known as regeneration, and it’s how the body replaces lost tissue or organs over time.
Red LED light therapy can help support natural healing by participating in all these processes.
One of the most common ways people use red LED light therapy is for muscle recovery. Red LED light therapy can help reduce inflammation and promote healing after intense workouts. You’ll have significantly less muscle soreness and pain after using the red light device.
Red LED light can be used as a pain-killer. Apparently, it works by stimulating the production of hormones that block pain signals from the brain, lowing inflammation, and supporting the healing process.
It is a significant problem in the United States. It causes by many different conditions, including arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraines, endometriosis, and more. There are many other treatments for chronic pain, but one that is gaining popularity is red LED light therapy.
Neck pain is a widespread ailment. It is often the result of poor posture, sleeping in an awkward position, or spending too much time hunched over a computer or desk.
According to the National Institutes of Health, low back pain is the second most common reason for doctor visits in the United States. And it’s not just older adults who are affected. Up to 80 percent of adults experience low back pain at some point in their lifetimes.
Red light therapy works by stimulating cells in the body to produce more energy. This increase in energy production leads to a reduction in inflammation. The light also helps to increase blood flow and reduce pain.
Red LED light therapy may be a promising treatment option if you suffer from neck or back pain.
It is the worst kind of pain. It’s sharp, it’s constant, and it never goes away. But there is hope! Red LED lights can help reduce pain and inflammation in the mouth and gums. Besides, it can kill some bacteria that cause pain.
But if you’re suffering from dental pain, you should first see your dentist. He’ll be able to determine the cause of your pain and recommend the best course of treatment, including RLT.
Osteoarthritis is a debilitating condition that can cause immense pain. When traditional treatments like medication and physical therapy fail to provide relief, many patients turn to alternative therapies like red LED light therapy.
There are a few things you should keep in mind when using red light therapy for osteoarthritis:
- The sessions should last no longer than 20 minutes;
- The area affected should be exposed to the light for at least 30 seconds;
- It would be best to start with low intensity and gradually increase it as tolerated.
It is the inflammation of a bursa — the most common condition in sportspeople. Red light therapy can help reduce symptoms in people with this condition. If you have bursitis, your doctor may recommend red light therapy as part of your treatment plan. It is safe, non-invasive, and has few side effects.
It is the compression of the median nerve as it passes through the narrow carpal tunnel in the wrist. The median nerve controls sensation and movement in the thumb and first three fingers. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by several factors like repetitive motion, trauma, arthritis, or pregnancy.
It can cause pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in the hand and wrist. Treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome includes splinting, icing, corticosteroid injections, and surgery.
Red LED light therapy also can be an effective treatment in combination with others.
Red LED lights are often used as a therapy for people who have rheumatoid arthritis. This type of arthritis is caused by the inflammation of the joints, which can lead to pain, stiffness, and swelling. The red light helps to reduce this inflammation and, therefore, can help to ease the pain associated with it. This therapy can improve the range of motion in joints and help to reduce the stiffness and swelling related to this condition.
Red LED light therapy is a promising new treatment for different kinds of pain. It is non-invasive, relatively inexpensive, and has few side effects. In this article, we informed you about red LED light therapy and how it works. We also provided tips on getting the most out of your treatments. So try this therapy to relieve your pain and live a healthy life.
Jose Diego Mier is the CEO of Lug Healthcare Technology, the Coordinator of the Cancer Clinic, an honored specialist the founder of Heliotherapy Research Institute.