Osteoporosis is silent and dangerous. Osteoporosis is alarmingly increasing in our country due to lifestyle changes. Patients are prescribed calcium supplements to prevent and treat osteoporosis. However, conventional calcium, like Calcium Carbonate or Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D3 combination has some limitations. Today I will discuss the Osteoporosis and Role of Calcium Orotate comparing to Conventional Calcium Carbonate. We will bring a conclusion about why we choose and why.
Conventional calcium like Calcium Carbonate or Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D3 combination have the following limitation-
- Lower Efficacy
- Limited absorption and low bio-availability
- Inability to deliver calcium to the target tissue
- Excess Calcium is required for desired efficacy, which leaves un-dissociated calcium salts in the gut that causes gastrointestinal side effects like flatulence, belching, constipation, and gastric discomfort.
In Contrast, Calcium Orotate offers-
- 20 fold greater utilization of Calcium
- Two times better clinical responses to the patients
Calcium Orotate has the following tremendous advantages over Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D3 combination
- Delivery of the elemental Calcium directly to the bone tissue
Orotates have the affinity to bone tissue and thus ensures the maximum calcium absorption in the bone tissue, whereas the conventional calcium carbonate preparations deliver Calcium to the blood only.
- Two times greater Efficacy
Head to head study proves that Calcium Orotate is twice as efficient as over Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D3 combination in osteoporosis.
- 20 Fold greater utilization of Calcium
Calcium Orotate offers the 20-fold increase in calcium utilization in the body, reducing the need if lesser elemental calcium intake than well-known Calcium Carbonate brands.
- Highest Bioavailability
Calcium Orotate has a bioavailability of 90%, ensuring maximum absorption of Calcium in the bones.
- Lesser Side Effects
Almost no free un-dissociated Calcium is left in the gut, which ensures minor gastrointestinal side effects like flatulence, belching & constipation, etc.
Some Calcium Orotate Brand name by some Bangladeshi Companies.
Protebon P (Discontinued) / Humphry – Beacon Pharma
Calcin O – Renata
Rotate – Ziska
Calorate – Beximco
Calborate – Square
O Cal (740mg) – Acme
We have prepared an infographic about calcium orotate, which shows three maximum efficacy of calcium orotate. Calcium orotate ensures maximum absorption maximum transportation and maximum delivery to the tissue, which provides the maximum bioavailability of calcium orotate in that issue.