Motivation plays a significant role in our achievements in all spheres of life, including studies and career achievements. As psychologists say, motivation is a crucial element in setting and meeting our objectives. If we have a desire, we can move mountains. But if not, if apathy seizes us, no tangible achievements can be expected. When we study motivation, we can get surprising and to some extent incredible results. Motivation is often the result of some action, but not the cause of it. The most challenging task is to begin. It is always easier to finish any job than to start doing it.
There are many methods of motivation and also techniques for increasing it, but the motivation for students has its peculiar features. Let’s reflect on the question what motivates students in the highest degree and what the teacher can do in this regard.
Here are several effective ways to motivate students:
- Believe in the undergraduates, and they will have more faith in themselves. If we believe in our students’ potential, we get a clear vision what their progress can be in a year or two. Our attitude will influence our treatment.
- In the first place, young people should see your devotion to the subject you are teaching them. That way, they will indulge in it too.
- Have the patience and don’t expect the immediate results. Everything in our life takes time. Students might get disappointed in themselves if you push too hard and start using writing helper You haven’t become a professional in one day either, and to remain a good specialist you have to study during the whole life. The same situation is with your students.
- But you should not leave the situation to chance. Monitor the atmosphere within the classroom and draw the conclusions, maybe it is the right time to change your motivation techniques if there are no tangible results.
- Encourage open communication in class on the subject. Let people see that they are not passive listeners and play an equal role in the process of study. Make them understand that their opinion and thoughts are very important to you.
- Do whatever it takes to make the atmosphere in the group positive and friendly. Attitude and encouragement from their peers are very important for young people. It is also essential that the undergraduates spend a lot of their free time together and communicate with each other outside the classroom.
- Learn your students to set goals for them or do that together. If they clearly see the way forward and achieve progress step by step, analyzing at the same time their results that will help them a lot.
- Offer your students incentives for making progress. It is good if at your university or college there is a practice of encouraging good students by cash rewards, decreasing the volume of tuition or offering them free trips etc. But you as a teacher also can offer them something like that, for example by organizing a small party or an interesting weekend. But be careful not to discourage in the meantime those who have very small results.
- Be creative and make the studying process more entertaining. Use tutorial videos, films, different learning applications. Make the classroom a pleasant place to stay in and involve your students in the process of creating an encouraging environment.
- Convince your students in the necessity of things you are doing in class. Show them how important the subject is for their future career and their achievements in life. Their studies should not be detached from real life, young people should be convinced, over and over again, that they will be able to use things they learn in practice, not to forget the next day or the day after passing the test.
Your role as a teacher is crucial in providing the undergraduates’ with all the necessary incentives. Increase motivation of your students, and it will be easier for you to teach them and easier for them to study your subject.
Shout Me Crunch provides the latest technology news and views. We also provide the tech guide by video review or Step by step tutorial.